Thank you for choosing Redline Moving. Over the years Redline served hundreds of clients who had all kinds of special requests. When working for you, our moving crew will make every effort to do what you ask for. However, there are times when customer’s needs and special requests might come with certain risks, and we cannot be responsible for the outcome of these requests. In order to avoid any misunderstandings on the actual day of the move, please read carefully our company’s policy below.
- Moving Cost.The final cost of your move will be determined by multiplying the actual number of hours our moving crew had worked by the hourly rate indicated on your estimate. Travel time, the amount of packing materials used, the amount of valuation coverage and any extra services will be added to the final cost of your move. All jobs are subject to 4-hour minimum charge. Flat Rated moves are given based on the information given to us by you, the client. We honor all quotes as long as the information is correct.
- Labor Time.Labor time starts upon the arrival of our crew at your location and ends upon the departure from your final destination. Labor time is calculated based on 15-minute increments at the rate indicated on the estimate. Any travel between the origin and the destination is considered to be part of the labor time.
- Travel Time.Travel time is a set time to cover for our Truck to travel from our base to your pick up and then for our truck to travel back to our base upon completion of your move.
- Arrival time frame.Please keep in mind that we do not provide a specific time of arrival. Redline takes pride in showing up on time, however, there are situations that are beyond our control. In case if our crew will arrive at your location late, you will receive a courtesy call to give you our ETA.
- Customer presence.The customer or an authorized representative must be present during the move at all times. It is customer’s responsibility to do a final walk-through inspection of the premises to ensure we have taken and delivered everything. Our time runs continuously until all tools and equipment are back in the truck and payment is completed.
- Wrapping Materials and Equipment. We provide free moving blankets for all moving jobs. Our trucks come with a minimum of 15 dollies to ensure your move is run with efficiency.
- Packing Materials. Our trucks carry a standard set of boxes: 5 small, 5 medium, 5 large, 5 dish packs, 5 picture boxes, 5 wardrobes and 1 bundle of white paper. If you feel like there will be some packing for us to be done, please make sure to inform us ahead of time, otherwise, we’ll be limited to our supplies. All boxes and supplies used on your move are subject to additional charge unless specified in your moving estimate. Learn about prices on our “Prices and Supplies” page.
- Additional services. In the event unknown additional services are required to perform your move, these costs will be in addition to the amount stated in your moving estimate. Such services and applicable charges will be based upon the prices and rates in effect on the date of issue of your quote.
- Waiting Time. In case if our crew arrives at your location as agreed, but you’re not ready for us to start the job, you’ll be billed for our waiting time. Please understand that you’re holding up our team by not being ready for the move.
- Two parking spaces (to accommodate a 36-foot long moving truck). Our estimates are based on our trucks parking within 75 feet of the entrance. We will do our best to get as close to possible. In some cases being the nature of New York City, we may need to park outside the 75 feet. If a parking permit is needed, it is customer’s responsibility to inform Redline Moving. All parking permits have to be obtained by the customer
- Weather Conditions. Redline reserves the right to reschedule the move at an agreed upon time, without liability if there is inclement weather, including but not limited to heavy/freezing rain, snow, hurricane or like storm systems & weather travel bans etc.
- Crew Size. Redline reserves the right to choose the number of movers for each job, depending on our current schedule, availability, weather conditions etc.
Cancellation and Rescheduling
- For a full deposit refund please make sure to cancel within 48 hours after confirming your reservation and 7 business days prior to the actual move. Any cancellations after 48 hours and less than within 7 business days before the move may cause a total loss of your deposit. Please note: if you are canceling a move that is less than 7 business day out – your deposit will not be refunded.
- Any reschedules have to be confirmed with your sales representative at least 7 business days prior to the move. Please note that rates are subject to change based on the availability and dates
- Any promotional items (i.e. coupons, third party vendor/website special offers, promo codes, any online promotional deals or certificates) have to be submitted and redeemed before the actual move and will not be accepted after the move has been completed.
- Two and more promotional items cannot be combined.
- Returns of any promotional items purchased through a third party vendor/website have to be processed directly through the seller/distributor of the promotional item.
- Please note: purchase of any promotional item through a third party vendor/website does not guarantee any availability or fixed price for services to be rendered. Rates are subject to change based on the availability.
- Redline Moving is not a junk removal company but we can definitely take care of the unwanted items. Any disposal services have to be approved and confirmed by our staff prior to the move.
- All disposal services are subject to additional charges (unless otherwise specified on the estimate). Charges will be applied as follows: Note: There is a $150.00 minimum charge for disposal.
- a) $10.00 per article – Small items (chairs, end tables, small bookshelves, boxes, etc.).
- b) $20.00 per article – Medium items (tables, recliners, rockers, cribs, etc.).
- c) $40.00 per article – Large items (desks, dressers, bed frames, ).
- d) $80.00 per article – Oversized items (i.e. mattress, armoire, love seat, sofa, etc.).
Redline reserves the right to decline any requests for disposal services without any further explanations.
- Moving of a refrigerator. We only move empty freezers/refrigerators. Please empty the contents for safe moving. Redline will not take responsibility for the mechanical condition of the item, unless visible physical damage was caused in the process of moving.
- Moving of a grandfather clock. You are responsible for removing the pendulum, chimes, and weights.Please note: clock mechanism has to be stopped by you, the owner. We will not be able to do that. We will also not be able to set up the time, start the mechanism or perform any adjustments to the mechanism upon the delivery.
- Moving of an aquarium. Any aquarium to be moved has to completely empty. Redline will not disassemble, reassemble or install any aquarium. Please consult with a proper professional prior to the move.
- Dresser Drawers, File Cabinets, Desk Drawers.Please empty all dresser drawers, file cabinets, and desk drawers. Remember that the furniture will have to be lifted and carried, so if it’s overstuffed and extra heavy it will be more difficult to handle. If the furniture will have to be navigated through challenging obstacles, like a winding staircase, it’s usually best to remove everything, even the drawers, as it may be necessary to flip the furniture on its side or upside-down to get it through.
- Flat screen TVs.These are susceptible to damage from extreme temperatures, slight bumps, and altitude changes. The original packaging is the best. In any case, please note that in the absence of physical evidence of external damage or negligence (visible damage) we are not responsible for TVs functioning after delivery.
- Moving of piano. Piano moves have to be confirmed in details with our staff prior to the move. Piano moving services are subject to additional charges:
- a) $150.00 Upright/Spinet Piano (Charge of $120.00 per each additional flight of stairs will be applied)
- b) $25.00Grand & Baby Grand Piano – (Charge of $240.00 per each additional flight of stairs will be applied)
Thank you for choosing Redline Moving to serve your moving needs. Redline Moving has been committed to serving you, the customer. In order to avoid misunderstandings, we would like you to read the following information.
- All charges must be paid in full before any claim filing can be placed by the customer.
- All payments for services rendered must be in the form of cash, bank certified check, postal money order or credit card.
CUSTOMER’S DECLARATION OF VALUE
Option A – Limited Liability
As a licensed common carrier, we are required to provide limited liability coverage at no charge to the customer. Under this option maximum liability is limited to $.30 per pound per article, in the event of damage or loss.
Option B – Depreciated Value Protection with Deduction
With Depreciated Value Protection a claim settlement will be either the cost to repair or a cash payment of the depreciated value of an article.
Redline Moving’s claim department uses a depreciation chart to determine any cash payment settlement under this coverage. The charge for this option is at a rate of $5 per $1000 declared value. For example, to purchase coverage for $10,000 declared shipment value, the charge will $50. This protection carries a $250 deductible value, with a min. coverage sold of $50.00.The maximum amount that can be covered with this plan is $100,000.
Important Note: Valuation coverage in not insurance. Valuation is a tariff level of the carrier’s liability in the event of the loss or damage of your goods while in due course of transit by Redline Moving. This type of coverage is unique to carriers alone and therefore it is important for the customer to understand what valuation does and does not cover.
Coverage option A, B do not apply to:
- Any article of extraordinary nature or value, unless a special agreement has been stipulated to do so. Including but not limited to jewelry, furs, stocks, bonds, cash, antiques and art collections.
- Loss or damage resulting from wear and tear, moths or vermin, dampness of atmosphere or extremes of temperature.
- Acts or omissions of the shipper, such as neglecting to prepare for the time of shipment.
- Internal electronic or mechanical items, whether packed or unpacked by Redline Moving or the shipper.
- Loss or damage consisting of breakage to fragile items, such as china, glassware, etc., unless packed and unpacked by Redline Moving or unless caused directly by fire, theft, collision or overturn of the transport vehicle.
- Marbles – Due to the fragility of such items in most cases for reasons beyond our control, Redline Moving will not take responsibility in terms of any type of coverage.
- Press-Wood (Particle Board) items. Due to the fragility of such items, they must be properly disassembled. Otherwise, Redline Moving will not take responsibility in terms of any type of coverage.
- All Electronic Items – Redline Moving is not responsible for any internal damage to electronic or mechanical items, whether packed or unpacked by Redline Moving or the shipper.
Please note that following items are not allowed on the truck for safety reasons:
- Aerosol cans
- Car batteries
- Charged scuba tanks
- Chemicals / Chemistry sets
- Cleaning solvents
- Fire extinguishers
- Household batteries
- Liquids in any
- Loaded guns
- Nail polish/remover
- Paint thinners
- Paints / varnishes
- Pool chemicals
- Propane Tanks
- Rubbing alcohol
- Sterno fuel